Saturday, February 26, 2011

The San Diego Zoo

I have been going to the zoo for a long time. But for memberships, it has always been wildly overpriced. It's the one place where you can pay $15 for a fast food meal that normally costs less than $5. The collection of animals has always been spectacular.

So, how did it go downhill?

Disney.

I don't know if Disney worked on the zoo or someone copied them (Sort of like asking which duplicate rubber stamp was used), but the stench is obvious. At the zoo's entrance, there is always world music playing. Further in, you hear animal sounds. The sounds are generated by speakers with sensors. When you walk by, there are sound effects of animals that were probably lifted from old jungle movies. Many fake displays look like Disney was the contract manufacturer. The worst is the concrete tar pit near the elephants.

1 comment:

  1. I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Life Clinic via their website www.ultimatelifeclinic.com . I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!

    ReplyDelete